Monday, August 29, 2011

We have had one crazy summer.... It seemed to fly by this year. We added a new addition to our family. Claire was born on July 7th 2011. She has brought so much joy into our home. The boys absolutely love her, and she has melted Casey's heart from the very first moment that they met. She has made me the happiest mommma in the whole world. I feel very selfish, and want to hold her 24 hours a day. I just love this little girl, and the rest of my family feels the same way. She came very quickly on Thursday morning. Casey and I drove to the hospital at six in the morning. I got all set up and the IV's in by around 7. Doctor Nance came in around 8:00 and broke my water. I said to him. You remember how quickly I go into labor once you break my water don't you? He couldn't remember, and he shouldn't have to with all the patients that he has. We quickly got the epideral, and two hours later our sweet girl was here. She did have merconium that she had swallowed. (That's three for three by the way.) The respitory team had to come in and suck it out of her lungs, but she came out crying, so that was a good sign. After a few minutes with the respitory team, she was handed to Casey, and Casey brought her to me. I started saying Hi to our new baby girl, and she tried opening her eyes at me. It was the sweetest moment for me. She was trying to look at her momma, and I knew that she recognized my voice. I just love the miracle of birth, and the happiness that a new baby brings. We are having so much fun with her.
We didn't travel much this summer, because we stayed home a lot with little sissy. We did make it to the pool a few times, up to our family cabin for a weekend, and just having lots of fun being together as a family. I am not quite ready for summer to end this year, but every season is exciting. School started, and Carson is now in first grade. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be in school full time. He was so excited, and he gets to walk to school every day with the cutest group of kids in the entire town. It really melts my heart every time they come to pick him up and bring him home. I am enjoying being home with the kids so much, I can't even describe my feelings. From going to a full time job, to being at home with them is truly one of the greatest blessings. I love being able to take care of them, and to spend the much needed time with them while they are little.
We had a fun filled summer! Can't wait to see what the fall season is going to bring.







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bingham fam said...

How Sweet! I love that you guys have a girl! she is beautiful just like her mommy! I am really so happy for you and it was so fun to see you at Salem days.

Lindsey Whiting said...

Kindra, Congratulations! She is so beautiful, and her room is darling! You make such beautiful kids.