Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Birth of Our Sweet Baby Claire

Claire came to us on July 7th 2011. I went into the hospital at 6 am. I was scheduled to be induced, and I am quite familiar with this process. I was induced with both of the boys, so I knew the drill. I got checked in, and was then hooked up the to IV's. There was a nurse in training that day, so he helped my nurse to get everything ready. By the time they got me all set up with the IV's, Dr. Nance came in at 8 am. He came in, said Hello, and broke my water. I was surprised that he went ahead and broke my water the first time he saw me. I said, "You know Dr. Nance, as soon as my water is broken, I go into labor really quick." He couldn't remember, and I don't blame him, he sees hundreds of pregnancies. He said that we better get you an epidural then, and I agreed with him. Sure enough as soon as he left I started having contractions, and they weren't too bad this time, but I knew they would get worse, and I am kind a baby when it comes to pain, so I knew that I wanted the epideral as soon as I could get it. A few moments later the epideral was administered and I was feeling much better. I wasn't having chills this time, and my feet weren't getting cold either. Everything was going well. Our little baby did swallow merconium, which I am also familiar with. Both of the boys had the same thing, and they both were sent right to the respitory team as soon as they were born. I wasn't too worried about this because we had been through it twice before and it had turned out ok both times.
About an hour after the epidural I was dilated at a 5, and about a half hour later I was already at a 10!! Claire was posterier, so that explains all of the back labor that I was experiencing. As soon as her head was our, she turned herself and Dr. Nance only had to help her a little. She was here!!! She was taken to the respatory team, and they worked their magic. As soon as her lungs were clear, she was handed to Casey, and Casey brought her to me. I was so over come with emotion when he handed her to me. I stared saying Hi to my little princess and she tried opening her eyes. She knew my voice!!! She was trying to look at her momma! I was so happy to finally meet our little girl, and to have her in my arms. It was a fabulous day, one that I will never forget. I don't think there is anything more spectacular than being able to give birth to one of Heavenly Father's children. It strengthens my testimony more than words can describe. I feel so blessed to be trusted by our Father and Heaven to be a mother to the three children that we have. I love my family more than anything else in this whole world, and I am truly grateful for our little sissy who came to us that day so perfect and pure. I love being a mother, and I hope when my kids are grown and gone from our home, they will know how much they truly blessed my life.







2 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is absolutely perfect Kin! What a precious moment it is to give birth to a child. One that can never be fully understand, if you haven't gone through it personally. Truly is a gift from God. I am so glad little Claire is here & can finally be apart of your beautiful family. Congrats friend.

Starnes fam said...

She is beautiful!!! So happy that everything went well!!!