This was a fun trip. We had a good time as a family, and it was one of the last things that we got to do with my grandpa before he went into the hospital for Alzheimer's. We went up Spanish Fork Canyon with the Woodhouse gang. We ate, talked, roasted mallows, floated down the swift river, and just had a good time enjoying each others company. My cousin McKay and Baylie are two of my favorite people to be with. Such good girls and so much fun to dance with!! We watched this guy start to float down the river at our camp out, and we thought, wow that looks fun, so we decided to jump in and try it for ourselves. Well for one it was freezing cold, and the water was going pretty fast, so I was a little concerned being the mother that I am. They talked me into it though. So what you do is start up by the tree that we are standing by. Then you get down so that you are touching the rocks and then you just let the water current take you down the river. It was FREEZING!! did I already mention this, because it was so cold that I couldn't think. Well you let the river take you until you get to the large tree and then there is a sand bar and when you get to that you stand up. I was laughing so hard when we all stood up because it is hard to stand up and stay standing in the current, plus my pants were coming off. We ran the river about three times because we thought it was so fun. Thanks McKay and Baylie for floating the river with me. We will have to do that again.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Family Campout
Posted by Whitaker Family at 10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment