Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Journal Entry Date August 4th 2010

I have a really hard time doing this blog thing, and I really like to keep track of all that is going on in our life and I want to document each moment that I have with my little ones, but I find it hard to find time to do this. I work, and for all you working mom's (in the home and out)know how precious time is. I work full time and am a full time mom, so at the end of the day, I just want to cry, and fall into bed. I am going to be better at this blogging thing because I really want to be able to look back on all that has happened in our life and remember.

I love the word REMEMBER. What a powerful word. A word, that when said, brings a flood of emotion to the surface and brings tears to my eyes. I have been really reflecting the past week on things of my childhood. How I felt when I was Carson's age and the things that I REMEMBER. I have been trying to treasure each moment that I have with my precious little ones, and find joy in the journey. Each day they say and do things that make me laugh. I know that if I don't write them down, I will forget how funny these moments were. I hope that I will always remember the feelings that I had as I was raising them, of the joy, the laughter, the tears, the frustration, and the complete love that I have for them.

The other day we were out back playing in the grass and there was a few weeds in the grass that were pokey. Cade said "oh mom, be careful not to step on the "captus".

We have this little book that President Hinckley had written and Cade found it and carried it around all day and wanted to keep telling me stories about the "Prohec" and he would sit me down and tell me stories about how to brush your teeth, and instructions on how to eat the "bread and water"

Cade will change his shoes an estimate of 20 times a day. It is so funny! He loves to change which shoes he is wearing and likes to pull the socks off as well and put them in his shoes, and then he will put them back on. I think he loves to do this act because he knows now how to do things by himself, and takes pride in the fact that he can do things by himself. I love to watch him learn.

My little Carson has taken on a Lego fetish. He loves Legos, and we have quite the collection going on. He loves Star Wars Legos and I get the awesome privilege of building them. I actually love building Legos. I can't do puzzles because I don't have the patience, but I really do love building Legos. Maybe it is because I get to play on the floor with the boys, but I just love turning a whole bunch of random pieces into a mini masterpiece. I think it's fun! Carson loves to help to, and it is fun to watch how he is learning to follow instructions and build them himself.

Carson is also into playing water fights. He just loves to get me wet, so a few times after work he will ask me to have a water fight with him. He will get me soaking wet, and then I like to trick him and then squirt him in the face. It cracks me up because he loves it, and he used to hate it.

He is starting to pick up on a lot of things and asking a lot of questions, and some of them are not very easy to answer, but I love that he is learning and he will even sing songs that he has heard and remember the words and it cracks me up.

Well that is enough for today. I just want to record my feelings and what is going on in our lives right now.

1 comments:

Meg and Abe said...

Can I get your email address for an evite? I haven't seen you in forever and would love to invite you to my baby shower in October! You can email me at: megford1@yahoo.com

Thanks!