Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Girls Weekend!!!

I went with my auntie JaNae to St. George for the "Girl's" weekend!!! We had such a great time. I didn't want the weekend to be over, but I guess that it eventually has to come to an end. Everything that we did was so fun, even if we were just sitting around and laughing on the couch. Kellie Shepherd has a home in St. George, so she hosted all of us girls for the weekend, and it was such a great place to stay. We stayed up late, slept in, got ready with all the girls and just talked and laughed.
When we first got to St. George we set all of our stuff down and headed out the door for dinner. When we returned home from dinner it was so cold. We tried to turn on the furnance, but it just wasn't coming on, so we tried to find the furnance to start the pilot light. Come to find out the furnance was in a very inconvient spot for us. It was in the attic. The only way that we thought of getting someone up there was a cheer stunt.
Holly was a great candidate!!! She is small and was a flyer in high school. She knew just what to do. They did a vador and got her up as far as they could. They even had to rotate the stunt to get to the right spot. Holly had to then lift herself the rest of the way, and later she said she was pretty sore from doing so.
When she finally got up there she read the manual and we had Kyle (my uncle) :) on the other line. He used to work for a heating and cooling company. She did all that she could do and then the other delema that we had was getting her down. Tiffany was the tallest, so she stood up on the stools and we all guided Holly down to the chairs and then she was safe.

JaNae was laughing so hard that she could barely talk to her husband. It was pretty much the most entertaining, hilarious evening that I have had in a long time. Who said cheerleaders could never use their moves after high school. We sure got some good use out of them.
The girls who went on the trip: left to right: Holly, Tiffany, Me, Kara, JaNae, Kellie, Courtney
We spent all day on Saturday shopping! We shopped for six hours, and if anybody knows me, I am not a very good shopper. Probably because I usually have my kids and they don't last very long. With no kids in sight, we had all the freedom in the world to do the things that we wanted to do, and we had such a great time shopping.

I am so thankful that I was able to go with the girls this weekend, they are all so sweet and so much fun to be with. I am so lucky to have known them since I was little. They are a great bunch of girls, and we had a wonderful time. Thanks!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the heater story! Sooo funny.

LeMira said...

That is just hilarious! I love that the cheerleading skills came in handy!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Leave it to a bunch of ex-cheerleaders to use their heads and when in doubt, stunt... I love it!

Jan Scarpino said...

I am dying over these pictures.. You girls are crazy! Everyone still looks the same, gorgeous as ever.. I hope you are feeling better, I missed you at dinner. Let me know if you need anything...Love ya!

Kami's Creations said...

I laughed so hard at this story. I loved how the whole thing was documented with pictures. Go DONS!