There are a couple of things that happened in the past little bit that have taken me back and made me say "WOW, I didn't expect that coming". A few weeks ago I was putting my boys to bed, and I tucked them in all snuggly and thinking to myself "Being a mother is the greatest"!! I then proceeded to tell my boys that they are my favorite things about this life, and I was so happy to be their mother. I asked Carson what his favorite thing about this life was. (me thinking inside my head: "oh here is comes, he is going to say that his mother is his favorite thing") He says and I quote " Grandma Gee is my number one and then you are number TWO, and dad is number three" ( a big sigh came from inside of me). Then my three year old says "Yeah mom, Grandma Gee is my favorite thing to". Ok, don't get me wrong, I am SO glad that they love my mother like they do. Why wouldn't anyone just love my mom, and who doesn't love their grandmother. I am thankful for great family and for a great mom, who cares for my boys so much. I just had to take a step back and say, "don't they love me". My mom reassured me and told me that they love me, and that we all wanted to be with our grandma over her when we were little too. My boys are so funny!
Ok the second thing that happened that made me say WOW, happened two weeks ago as I was traveling to Ft. Lauderdale for work. I got on the plane to fly to Atlanta, and the plane was very large. I was in the middle section in the aisle seat. A lady came up and said that she was sitting in the middle by me, so I got out of my seat to let her in. She looks at her bag and then looks at me, and she said "Can you" I thought she needed help with her bag, so of course I bend down to help her lift her full size suitcase into the overhead bin. She let me lift it by MYSELF. Ok you should have been there. She was two heads taller than me and she just stood there while I heaved her luggage for her. Then to make matters harder she let me struggle with putting it in and then trying to shut the overhead bin without her lifting one finger. I was on my tiptoes trying to shut the dang door all the while she just goes and sits in her seat and then quietly says "thank you". I am not one to just sit around and not help people or give service to others, but honestly what was this woman thinking. She was not disabled, she had two arms, she was even taller than me, yet she did not feel the need to put her own dang suitcase in the overhead bin. I just sat there in disbelief and said WOW!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
WOW
Posted by Whitaker Family at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Kindra,
You are the greatest little mommy! Your boys adore you and think you are the beautiful goddess that you are... Although your mom is fabulous, The only reason (grandmas) get the number one spot at times is simply because they never hear the word "no"!:)
I love you friend! Don't let yourself get down, being a mom certainly has its rough moments but there is nothing like it! Kids are the absolute best part of life and luckily, even when they are grown.. they will always need their mommy!
Post a Comment