Monday, June 27, 2011

Cade Turns 4, and the Rain Came Down

'Our little guy turned four on the 13th of June. I can't believe that he is already four!! He is the funniest little guy, and we could sit and listen to him tell stories and play "guys" and "batman" and "boss battle" all day. He cracks us up, and makes me smile.

We had a Batman birthday party for him and we decided it would be fun to have a picnic at the park by our house. We had decorations, a treasure hunt planned, and lots of good food. As soon as we had all the food ready, we saw the black clouds rolling in rather quickly. It was like slow motion. We saw the people at the baseball game running for cover and then it hit us. It started pouring rain, and all the kids started screaming. They all ran to the playground and got inside the tube. They were safe. As for the adults, we were running around gathering all the food, all the presents, the grill, and all the things that we had hauled over to the park BACK to our house. It was pretty comical to say the least.

The kids were having a blast, but all of the party guest crammed into our little apartment was not so much fun.... We finished eating and opening presents at our house, and then people slowly started to leave. I need to remember that this is the fourth birthday party we have had for Cade outside, and every year it has rained on the day of his party. I think I have learned my lesson.

Happy Birthday Cade, we love you so much, and are so thankful for the sweet spirit that you bring into our home. I love when you say, "Mom, I am always just going to do what you say" I hope that you always feel that way. We love you!!







0 comments: